Sunday, 20 January 2008
Thursday, 10 January 2008
Wednesday, 9 January 2008
Cashew nuts themselves are surrounded by a double shell. The nut is found on the end closest to the cashew apple. The other end is honeycombed with cells that contain a toxic fluid called cardol that blisters the mouth. For many years, the cashew was referred to as the blister nut.
Friday, 4 January 2008
Having watched I, Robot last night I thought I'd put these up on the blog today.
- A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
- A robot must obey orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
- A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
Thursday, 3 January 2008
- Vladimir Lenin (really Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov) (1922-1924)
- Josef Stalin (really Joseph Vissarionovich Jugashvili ) (1927-1953)
- Georgy Maximilianovich Malenkof (Chairman of the council of ministers under Krushchev from 1953-1955)
- Nikita Sergeyevitch Krushchev (1953-1964)
- Leonid Ilyich Brezhnev (1964-1982)
- Yuri Vladimirovich Andropov (1982-1984)
- Konstantin Ustinovich Chernenko (1984-1985)
- Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev (1985-1991)